Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Personal Kangen Testimony

So, these are not my x-rays, but this is what my back looks like.  I just don't have my x-rays available.  It's the best I got.  Anyway, I thought this is worth sharing.  I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 19 and was told that I wouldn't be negatively affected by my curve, because the way it 'balanced' my spine.  Well, that was a bunch of garbage, but I won't bore you with my take on that medical advice.  What I will tell you is that since having three children in 4 years, my body has seen it's better day and has exasperated my back situation in a major way. As a matter of fact, about a year ago, after having our third sweet baby, I was in so much pain that I was almost in tears, just standing for more than 10 minutes.  Holding our baby and chasing after the other two was terribly painful and I am ONLY 35, so I was deflated and discouraged that I was going to have to live this way forever.  I wasn't able to sleep at night because my low back ached and throbbed.  Well, I immediately started stretching and trying to alleviate the pain the best way I knew how.  I got some massage work done and started going to a Chiropractor.  I began to get relief, but only in small doses and it was always temporary.   I was able to get back to some light exercise, but the joint pain in my hips and low back were always there and a reminder of how old I was feeling.  Well, I had almost just accepted the fact that I would always suffer from joint pain and hobble around.  Oh and by the way, I took supplements that were suggested to improve joint pain and followed all the guidelines that I had been given. About 30 days ago, I realized that I didn't hurt anymore!!!! WHAT?!?  I am not exactly sure when it happened, because I was so shocked that I could move more easily and most importantly wasn't "aware" of my back and hips like I had been for years.  The only thing that changed was the water I was drinking.  The ONLY thing.  I had read that drinking alkaline water could relieve joint pain, but because I had been so pleased with my increased energy and that my  baby wasn't projectiling everywhere all the time, I had just thought that might be the only benefit I may see,which was fine.  Like I mentioned in the first post about the water, there are so many benefits to having an alkaline body and drinking an alkaline water seems to be the easiest avenue to achieve this body balance.  I mean, you could go completely radical and change your diet and never eat any more processed foods, overcooked foods, red meat, sugar or refined carbs (which I highly recommend), but I am not there yet.  I do eat fairly well and do my best to stick to a non-processed diet, but I not ready to give up lots of things that contribute to an acidic body just yet.  I look forward to delving into more info concerning an alkaline diet soon.  If I have any readers who want to contribute here, please do so.  I know that your health is directly affected by what you put in your body and making that decision is an intense one, because if you are like me at all, you love to enjoy your foods!!  I believe it is still possible to enjoy your food, while in the same time make it better for you...more to come:) 

Please comment and let me know what you are thinking...I'm interested and I also don't want to think I am doing this for myself.

To a better more vibrant you,
Loran

No comments:

Post a Comment